Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Luke's First Day of Preschool!!

Daddy got doughnuts for my first day!
this is my backpack...mom, please hold it!
My teacher, Mrs. Gass!
Already ready to play....BYE MOM!


On Tuesday, February 17, Luke started preschool!! He is actually at Leisure Park Elementary where McKenzie goes to school. Since he has been with Soonerstart the last year with speech and occupational therapy he automatically qualified for Broken Arrow School system's program. His class is just like a regular preschool but most kids there have some sort of a delay. He will also get extra help with speech!! Although, it is hard to explain to people, has a crummy name (Developmental Delay) that I can't seem to get over and very emotional...I know that he is exactly where he needs to be! I know that he has been blessed to have had all this help!! It has been overwhelming to see God's hand in all of this the last year!!

His first day was a little shaky...for mom!!! Luke decided not to sleep the night before but he did great on his first day!! He was so excited to see the bird (the class pet) and to play with friends! I'm excited to look back at this in a year and see how far he's come!

0 comments: